Home is Where The Heart IS.

 Aloha MONDAY Ohana!


What a day...

What a week...

Are you ready?!!

YESSSSS!!!!!!


I am heading home! 

Yahooooo.

Then my darling friend from the islands, corrected me not too long ago, saying..."respect the island, and her people, never call it home".

Another friend mentioned after hearing this, "I own land there, I have lived there, wherever I am on the planet is home, respect that".


     As I was sitting on the deck this morning reflecting in darkness,  fall is sneaking into the Pacific Northwest, bringing the cold in tow. Memories of being on a certain beach, watching the sun rise from the mountains behind...lighting up the ocean in endless bright blue, pink and yellow fractional fragments. I remember hearing the roar of the waves lapping over the loose lava and rock pebbles. The rhythmic pulling in , and splashing with pressure, as the waves break on the shore. ...crackle...crackle.


I had mornings with stillness, that left an imprint, deeply mapped into my essence. I can almost be there now!

I remember the feeling of flying in, and seeing the land...created by an active volcano, so almighty, so powerful. I remember the feeling of THAT runway, and the feeling of the moist heat, allowing my body to thaw completely.

I remember driving into the lush hills of the landscapes, and knowing the whispers of the canyons calling me home.

A deep SOULFUL home, ancient home.

A knowing.

Respectfully I take in both sides of my sweet friend's opinions, this morning, because I respect them enough to know they are both right to themselves, and in that moment...

I needed to hear both thoughts of Hawaii, and defining home.

I have been away from home most of my life. And when I listened to the calls to come back, to reboot...That only lasted so long on my energetic solar panels.

I would go to empty until return, and this pattern repeated for five years.

I am going home. 

My material goods are waiting in the harbor, the car is being shipped, I am hopping on a plane, the dogs will follow suit.

This is happening, I am going home. 

To fully plug in, embrace, serve. To fully charge. To be.

The dictionary says, HOME IS: "the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household."

Anything is possible.

Even going HOME.


XOXO,

Meta-maria




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020, The Great Depression: Covid-19

Honor Sacred Connection

Inner Work is Outer Shifts